Monday, October 15, 2012

Jap Rock

This is a sweet record I picked up for about $4. 

So this album was released on Palindrone Recordings (what a fucking sweet name for a record label), in 2007. I can't find much information on it other than that, unfortunately. 
The "Cat" side is pretty fast-paced, kinda punky but not that shit new punk kind of stuff. More thrashy and awesome and just having a fucking good time kind of sound. I really enjoyed the whole side. "Frog" is slower (so far, I'm just listening to it for the first time right now). It really reminds me of Real Estate a bit except I can't understand a word of the lyrics. The song I'm listening to is called Echo and whoa - a fucking sweet guitar solo just started. Nice and slow but wowww - epic. If I could find a video of this song I'd post it because it's seriously good. Unfortunately I can't find much information on this band at all except for on discogs. Anyway, the next song is called "Fading Out" and it sounds really good too - definitely a '70s kind of vibe, kind of Doorsy I guess even though I hate the Doors. I think I might enjoy the song more if I could understand what Masami was saying, but it's good regardless. His vocals really remind me of someone too but I can't put my finger on it. I'm sure it'll come to me. Masami really loves his guitar and it shows. The drums in this song are fucking sweet too. The next song is called "Melt" and it has that awesome twangy guitar that I love and a good meandering bassline. 
So all in all - hell yeah I would have paid full price for this. What a catch for four bucks though. And it's pressed on white vinyl, which makes it even cooler.


No comments: