Monday, October 15, 2012

Fire by the Moonflowers

Another sweet $4 score.
I wouldn't say I enjoy this record as much as the Kawaguchi Masami's New Rock Syndicate one but it's not every day that you come across a virtually unknown band (I could find almost nothing about them on Google - I mean, they have a Wikipedia page but that's it), that sounds like a perfect mix of The Stone Roses, Primal Scream and Pink Floyd. As you can imagine, they do sound really really English. Not that that's a bad thing at all, in fact it's one of the things that I enjoy about them. 
I did manage to learn that they formed in 1987 and made a good effort releasing albums until 2000. Fire is pretty good but I can't say I'd go out and look for all their stuff. Especially if heaps of it is mushy lovey goo like some of the tracks on Fire are. 
If anyone's reading this, definitely check this band out - I'm not kidding when I say they sound really Pink Floydy. And I totally mean that in a good way, and that's a hard thing to pull off.

No comments: