Tuesday, October 18, 2011

So nostalgic right now

Awesome snippet from this Royal Trux interview. Index Magazine rules.


BOB: You seem to have a lot of wildlife.
NEIL: There's a Walmart about an hour or forty minutes away.
JENNIFER: I love Walmart.
NEIL: See, Walmart destroys …
JENNIFER: You guys must have really strong ideas about things that you will and you won't do. Is there anything that you just won't do, or that you're completely against, as far as like …
NEIL: … supporting the Christian Coalition?
JENNIFER: Well, no …
NEIL: You're saying, morally or personally?
JENNIFER: No —
NEIL: Like, "I smoke pot, but I never do cocaine?"
JENNIFER: No, like, "I don't wear gold."
AMY: You don't wear gold?
JENNIFER: Oh, I wear gold.
BOB: Like, not wearing fur? I don't think men should wear fur anyway.
AMY: What do you mean, men shouldn't wear fur?
JENNIFER: But that's what he thinks.
NEIL: This rationale for wearing fur, "but it's already dead," that doesn't cut it. I don't think it's right.
AMY: I don't understand … something I wouldn't do?
NEIL: Is it class you're talking about?
JENNIFER: No, I'm just asking. A lot of times people won't reach out to something that's right there in the present. It's always like going forward or backward, and sometimes people reject exactly what's happening in the present.
AMY: The moment there's something new on TV or on the radio, people are like …
NEIL: I like The X Files.
AMY: Oh, X Files rules. Did you see the one with the guy who could take pictures with his mind?
NEIL: Yeah, that was a good one.
AMY: That was rad. That was the best one.
NEIL: We don't like Friends.
AMY: Well, god, who does?
NEIL: It's sort of like a funny Melrose Place.
AMY: How did talking about Walmart get to this?
NEIL: Walmart's bad, man.

No comments: