Saturday, October 29, 2011



'"Remember that day you said you loved me? Remember that? See, you could do that because you're basically a sane person, who grew up in a loving, sane family. You could take a risk like that. But in my family we didn't go around saying we loved each other. We went around screaming at each other. So what do I do, when you say you love me? I go and undermine it."

Had she known from the outset about his manic depression, his messed-up family, his shrink habit, Madeleine would never have allowed herself to get so passionately involved. But now that she was passionately involved, she found little to regret.

To feel so much was its own justification."

- From The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides.



I love this book. Love it. I always identify so strongly with Eugenides's characters. I want to write like he does.

No comments: