Monday, May 17, 2010

Mondays are the days on which I wallow in my own crapulence.

Today has consisted of:

- reading The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami and sitting outside in the sun
- listening to John Cale, John Coltrane and acoustic Yeah Yeah Yeahs
- painting my nails
- looking for flats - I gave up on that pretty quickly. It was bitterly depressing.
- applying for jobs - also kinda depressing, especially when you call the one you really want and the lady says "I'll call you back"...and then doesn't. And suddenly you've wasted a whole day.
- So I'm going to cheer myself up by once again visiting the work of one of my favourite photographers of all time, Joel-Peter Witkin. So here you go. Be cheerful with me.

Melvin Burkhart: Human Oddity, 1985

Portrait of a Dwarf, 1987

Las Meninas, 1987

The Graces, 1988

Apollonia & Dominetrix Creating Pain in the Art of the West, 1988

A Woman Once A Bird, 1990

Feast of Fools, 1990

Still Life With Mirror, 1998

Anna Akmatova, 1998

Poussin In Hell, 1998

Queer Saint, 1999

Severed Leg Weathervane, 2004

Night In A Small Town, 2007

Objects Near a Window, 2007

History of the White World: Arabia, 2008

And finally, my favourite artwork of all time:

Cupid & Centaur, 1992.

No comments: