Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Film Fest 2013...so far.

I haven't had the time to see nearly as many films as I would have liked to but the ones I have seen have been brilliant. 

I saw my favourite Alfred Hitchcock film, North by Northwest, on the big screen a couple of weeks ago...


It was wonderful, of course.

Yesterday I went to the Animation Now 2013 showcase. My favourite of the seven I saw was Oh Willy, which was written and directed by Marc James Roels and Emma De Swaef.


Last night I saw A Field In England, which was simply incredible. I loved every moment. Reece Shearsmith was just the best, of course. And now I'm happier than ever that I've been following his career all these years. 


Michael Smiley had a main role too, and it was pretty cool to see him playing a bad guy for once, since his career used to be mainly in stand up comedy.


Last Saturday I went to the NZ Short Film finals which was interesting. We had to vote at the end which I have to say was quite challenging. I never like picking favourites but the last film, Friday Tigers, kind of blew the rest away to be honest. I highly recommend it if you can find it.

Tomorrow I am seeing The Deadly Ponies Gang, which looks pretty exciting.

And Friday I am expected at Magic Magic. We will see how much work I am stuck with though!
Plus this guy kind of annoys me. Although he was pretty great in This Is The End.


Speaking of apocalypse films...I didn't see it as part of the festival, but World's End was pretty great.


We drank lots of beer after to celebrate.

No comments: