Thursday, April 12, 2012

25 sucks.

So I turned 25 on the 4th of April and I've been having a pretty lousy time ever since. Well, my EWH (Easter Weekend Holiday), was pretty good.

But mostly I feel old and like a total loser because really...I haven't done much in 25 years at all. I don't work on Thursdays so today I had an entire day to think about it. And I came up with this neat little list.

Things I Want To Do Before I Join The 27 Club

- Actually be as wild as I want to be/maybe even wilder than I was during 2009-2010 (RIP).
- Try cocaine. Apparently there's a lot more of it in Auckland than there was a couple of years ago so this may be the only task on this list that I actually complete.
- Crowd-surf at every crazy fun noisy insane gig I go to. (I don't think that crowd-surfing at Kurt Vile would be terribly appropriate).
- Have lots of careless sex - note I did not say slut. Just because I am a woman/girl who likes to fuck, I am not a slut. What's the term for a man who likes lots of careless sex?
- Learn how to use every single function on my new iphone that I haven't actually got yet
- Be a struggling writer
- Go to Melbourne, Britain (all of it), New York, and India.
- Watch every single film that The Simpsons referenced in the first eight seasons
- Read all the banned books
- Maybe stop feeling like I want to join the 27 Club? I honestly can't see myself doing anything meaningful in my life though. So I guess I'll always feel like this until I decide how I'm going to join the 27 Club.
- Get revenge. You don't need any more details about this one.

1 comment:

Charlie said...

1) YES come to Britain!

2) No, you're not joining the 27 club so there.

3) you're rad. Come to Britain.
I will show you fun, and possibly cocaine.

Much love

Charlie