Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Haunted Air by Ossian Brown.

A book of incredible old Halloween photos (from circa 1875-1955) found at junk shops and garage sales etc. An amazing piece of historical Americana. I haven't seen a book I wanted so badly in ages.


Ossian Brown is an English artist and musician (he was in the industrial bands Coil and Cyclobe, and has made cameo appearances with Current 93 and The Nodding Folk). He worked in collaboration with David Lynch and Geoff Cox on this book.




So chilling and ironic. I think it will be my birthday present to myself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you may want to get a twitter button to your site. I just marked down the blog, but I must complete this by hand. Just my advice.

Louise Stella Isabelle Adams said...

Thanks, but I don't use Twitter.