Thursday, April 22, 2010

Best.

Some of my favourite blogs that I'd like to share.

Art:

A Journey Round My Skull
This gets first mention as it's got to be the best blog I've found in ages. I don't even know where to begin describing it, it's basically just a lot of really awesome shit. I love it.

Agence Eureka
Kind of similar to A Journey Round My Skull - basically a lot of really awesome shit. Mostly older awesome shit though.

A Poor Wayfaring Stranger
Again, quite similar to A Journey Round My Skull and Agence Eureka. I fucking love art blogs.

Anonymous Works
Another art blog. Many posts are about ancient artifacts that have recently been unearthed. Fucking cool.

Vintage Poster
Rad old posters. I want to cover my walls in this stuff.

Literature:

Adventures in the Print Trade
Incredible posts about ancient books. It's so amazing to learn about this stuff, seriously.

A Common Reader
This guy is a great reviewer. Picks books apart, in a good way, with brilliant precision. Although I have noticed a few lapses in spelling and grammar...all round it's a pretty good blog.

Jigsaw's Guide to Feminist Theory
Definitely the best feminist blog I've ever seen, and you can tell that it's by older, wiser academics who are serious about what they write as opposed to silly younger women who are just trying to be edgy or whatever. I mean, more power to them, maybe one day they'll be at the level of the writers of Jigsaw, but do you know what I mean? I read stuff by younger women and I just feel like they just don't know what they're talking about, or they don't have the experience to know what they're talking about. Jigsaw knows what's what, in my opinion.

Music:

Auckland Gig Reviews
Gig reviews written by one of my colleagues, Dim. He gets the most incredible photos, seriously.

Thurston Moore
Thurston Moore's blog. His posts are pretty few and far between but almost always interesting. And as a blindly adoring fangirl, it's just pretty great to read anything he's written.

No Rock & Roll Fun
Fun music blog. Takes the piss quite frequently, which is what I love about it.

Fashion:

Auckland Street Style
Pictures of street fashion from my hometown.

Les Garcons de Glasgow
Style blog from the streets of Glasgow.

What Claudia Wore
Most hilarious fashion blog ever, based on the various outfits of Claudia Kishi from the Babysitters Club books. I never even read them but this is by far the funniest, quirkiest blog ever.

If anyone reads this, I hope you enjoy these blogs.

2 comments:

Charlie said...

AHHHH What Claudia Wore!
thanks for posting that it's keeping me very entertained at work!

Louise Stella Isabelle Adams said...

I know right, it's so great!