Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Pavement: Auckland Town Hall, 01/03/2010.

Absolutely the best concert I have been to since Sonic Youth. And I stupidly forgot my camera, so this is the next best thing; a carefully and lovingly written setlist.

I still can't get over how incredible this concert was. I mean, I always thought Pavement's records were great but live, holy fuck. Words cannot do justice. They played for fucking ages too which was great.

I was particularly moved when they played 'Rattled by the Rush' and 'Grounded'. The only time I've been more emotional at a concert was when Sonic Youth played the opening chords of 'Teen Age Riot' and I just about burst into tears.

I am a loser, I know.

Anyway, here's the incredible amazing setlist that could hardly be improved (well, okay, they could have played more off Brighten the Corners...I would have particularly loved to hear 'Fin'. That's all I'm going to say!

Westing
Box Elder
Summer Babe

Slanted and Enchanted
In the mouth a desert (first song)
Trigger Cuts
No life singed her
Conduit for sale
Loretta's Scars
Here
Perfume-V

Crooked Rain
cut your hair
gold soundz
unfair
silence kit
elevate me later
range life

Wowee Zowee
Grounded
Rattled by the rush
father to a sister of thought
fight this generation
kennel district
Brighten the corners
Stereo
Shady Lane
Date w/IKEA

Pacific Trim EP
Give it a day

Terror Twilight
Spit on a stranger

2 comments:

Danielle Searby said...

I am seriously jealous that you got to see Pavement and that is a great set list.

Louise Stella Isabelle Adams said...

yeah, i'm not trying to brag because i really do know how lucky i was, but seriously, it was fucking mind-blowing. if you ever get even the slightest opportunity to see them live i strongly recommend you take it. i mean, pavement are great on record but live...wow. malkmus is such an incredibly wonderful showman too, it's like the icing on the cake.